The Hearts of the Children Will Turn to Their Fathers
Hello, Everyone!!
We've had some great new experiences this week.
Elder Carroll and I have recently had trouble finding in Southport. A lot of people aren't interested, and the normal strategies for finding aren't very effective. At the last Street display, however, we met this man who lives in Ormskirk and we set an appointment to meet with him this last Tuesday. We don't go to Ormskirk frequently, as it's a bit difficult and takes more time and money. So, after district meeting on Tuesday, we traveled to Orskirk, and it was great! The area is much more youthful, being a university town, and we were able to talk to many people.
I haven't seen a person under the age of 85 in weeks!
We felt so good about Tuesday that we decided to do a street display on Saturday. Little did we know that this was also market day! There were loads of people and other vendors. We set up the banner, and before we were even done setting up, and student at Edge Hill University was looking at the sign. I went and talked with her, and she was very interested and wanted to meet with us again! The street display made many of the missionaries uncomfortable because of the many people (and I was too, at the beginning), but I came to really feel like it was effective, because more people approached us, and we were able to approach them. It went really well!
I also had a great experience this last week. I had a dream in the earlier of the week in regards to family history. It stood out in my mind so much, that I wrote it in my journal. Skip forward a few days to mother's day (the British one), we were at a home for tea, and after we all ate, I was asked if I could help set a Family Search account up for her mother. I was able to do this, and they had a binder full of family history documents that we were able to put in to Family Search, create links to her family, and we were able to find a sealing to take to the temple. She was so excited to be able to do this work for her family. The family line that she was working on were family she knew when she was growing up, and have since passed on. She is so excited to take the work to the temple, and seal them together for time and all eternity! I myself was able to feel the spirit of Elijah within me, and my heart turning to my fathers. Afterward, I was able to reflect on my dream, and I knew it related to what I was able to do for that sister.
Family history is so important! I know I have felt such a strong connection with my ancestors as I have found them in my lines, as well as helping others find theirs. I am so grateful for my ancestors, and for all the sacrifices they made so I can be where I am today. My story goes back for generations, and I know we all have our own stories that make up who we are today. I have felt my ancestors as my guardian angels, helping me and supporting me from their side of the veil. I know I'm who I am today, because of those who came before me.
Invitation of the week
Work on your family history! Do you know your 5-generation chart? What stories do your ancestors have? How has their journey affected who you are today?
Family Search is such a great resource! If you don't have an account yet, I would invite you to create one; if you need help, they have a great team waiting to help and answer your questions!
I know that as we all turn our hearts to our fathers, we will be blessed from the knowledge of their stories. We will feel a stronger bond with our family today. We will be humbled and more grateful for our history and how it led to you!
I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of my ancestors. I love the knowledge that we are all united through our heritage and ancestry. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that through the authority of God's priesthood, I will be united with my family and live with them forever. Not just my immediate family, but all my ancestors and cousins as well!
I love you all!
Elder Burns
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Suite G5
Booths Park
Chelford Road
Knutsford
England WA16 8GS
United Kingdom


Comments
Post a Comment