Tried In the Furnace of Affliction
Hello all!
Every single one of us faces trial and tribulations. I find that how we view those trials greatly impact the overall joy and happiness of our lives. The truth behind trials is that no man or woman will be able to leave this life without experiencing their fair share. I personally hear many ask, "how could a fair and loving God allow His children to endure through such trials? Why would He let us experience them? It just doesn't make sense". I truly feel that God allows us to experience them, because He knows how much we will be able to grow. Trials in His eyes is a short expenditure for a greater reward.
It isn't always easy, however, and sometimes it feels like you are going at it alone. I don't think that anyone has not felt that at some point in their life. But I know that I'm never alone, even though I may forget from time to time and throughout trials. Whenever I'm in a trial, or feel I'm walking this path alone, I remember a poem that we had posted on my fridge back at home. I never really noticed it growing up, but as I would drink from my cup, I would read this poem, and it slowly became engrained in my mind. The poem is "Footprints" (See attachment)
It is vitally important that we put our trust in the Lord. Even as a missionary, I am not immune to trials. Honestly, some of the hardest trials of my life have been on my mission. It's a unique growing opportunity, because you truly realise how much better it is when you trust in the Lord. I've noticed that as I have done this, I have grown so much. The trials I've gone through thus far have strengthened me, given me experience and helped me to become a better person. I know Heavenly Father sees a grander picture, and for that I would not change the trials I have gone through, because of that strength and experience I've gained.
It is very important to trust in the Lord and follow what he want you to do. I'm still learning that. I wish I was perfect at it, but can't say that I am even remotely close. I think it often doesn't go according to our plan for a reason. Ultimately the best plan is the Lord's plan. It reminds me of the Saints that went on Zion's camp. Many have classified that mission as a failure, they didn't get their land back, the government dropped their support, Zion seemed lost, people revolted against Joseph and a scourge came upon them. However, the Lord still had a plan for them, and it was not a failure. Many of those Saint that journied with Zion's Camp were called as seventy and other leaders of the church. Brigham Young even stated that, "This (Zion's Camp) was the starting point of my knowing how to lead Isreal". Many people gained from that trying in the furnace of affliction just how to lead the children of God and rely on the Lord.
Invitation of the Week
My invitation to everyone is to not lose hope. Trust in the Lord with all you have. Pray and ask for strength to endure and eyes to see a greater plan. God will help you on your way. You are never alone. It is my special witness that God love you!!
Elder Burns
England Manchester Mission
Springwood, Suite G5
Booths Park
Chelford Road
Knutsford
England WA16 8GS
United Kingdom



Comments
Post a Comment